Looking for Bricklayers? Find the region's best local businesses on Riverina Tradies. Servicing: Albury, Carrathool, Coolamon, Cootamundra, Culcairn, Deniliquin, Griffith, Gundagai, Hay, Holbrook, Howlong, Jerilderie, Jugiong, Junee, Leeton, Lockhart, Narrandera, Tarcutta, Temora, The Rock, Tumut, Wagga Wagga, West Wyalong and Wodonga.
Bricklayers are expert craftsman who lay bricks in order to construct structures such as walls, walkways, chimneys and foundations. They can work in both commercial and residential properties. In the past, the bricklayer used to work with bricks only. However, with advancements in technology, they now work with a variety of materials, including terracotta blocks, gypsum blocks, marble and structural tiles.
Bricklayer services may include:
- Brick and block laying
- New homes, extensions and renovations
- Decorative brickwork
- Retaining walls, walls and fences
- Concrete footings
- Brick piers and brick façades
- Garden Design
- Chimney or Fireplace repairs
- Heritage Work
Bricklayers have a lot of influence in the construction of homes, commercial buildings or pavements and walkways. If they do a great job, the client will enjoy their work for a very long time. However, if they do a poor job, the client will have to live with their poor workmanship or spend more money to hire another contractor. It is always better for a contractor to get it right the first time. Therefore, it is important for the client to choose the best bricklayer for the job.
The following are some of the factors to consider when hiring a Bricklayer
- Experience - Bricklaying is a very intricate skill that requires a lot of experience. The professional must know how to lay everything perfectly so that the structure is secure, stable and strong. They should also know how to mix the mortar perfectly so that it is not too thick or too thin; the viscosity must be just right. This will ensure that the building materials can be bonded together properly. The mortar must also be mixed properly in order to ensure that the structure does not collapse during or after the construction process.
- Skills and Training - Not everybody can become a bricklayer. There are a number of skills and qualities that clients should look for in prospective bricklayers. For example, the client should ensure that the bricklayer can read plans and that they have the necessary practical skills. It is also important for the bricklayer to be fit as they may have to carry heavy loads. They should also be able to work accurately and in an organized way. Bricklayers should also be able to cooperate and work in a team in order to complete the construction project.
- Reputation - Before hiring a bricklayer, it is important to consider their reputation among previous clients. It is always better to hire a bricklayer who has good recommendations, reviews and references. Individuals can use business listings on the internet to read reviews and testimonials from previous clients.
- Rates - There are very many bricklayers in the industry, and their rates vary widely. It is important to shop around and to compare the different rates. Though it is not advisable to compromise on quality in order to get a cheap price, the client can still get a reasonable price without paying too much for it.
There are very many bricklayers in the Riverina region, and clients may find it difficult to choose the one that they would like to work on their project. However, if they know what to look for and they consider these factors, they will definitely get the very best bricklayer in the region.
Helpful links and related articles:
- National Bricklayers Association - A national group made up of bricklaying employers who want to make the bricklaying industry a better place for apprentices, employees and employers.
- Become a Bricklayer - Bricklaying Apprenticeships & Information
- Tips for Choosing Tradesmen - Choosing tradesmen is not always easy. In this article we discuss several factors to help you choose the best tradie for your project.