Looking for Carpenters? Find the region's best local businesses on Riverina Tradies. Servicing: Albury, Carrathool, Coolamon, Cootamundra, Culcairn, Deniliquin, Griffith, Gundagai, Hay, Holbrook, Howlong, Jerilderie, Jugiong, Junee, Leeton, Lockhart, Narrandera, Tarcutta, Temora, The Rock, Tumut, Wagga Wagga, West Wyalong and Wodonga.
Carpenters are essential for the construction industry. Their role is to install, repair and maintain wooden structures and fittings in homes or businesses. A carpenter is also invaluable when renovating a property. They have a lot of experience and will be able to advise you what is possible and how the work should be done. Should any of the timber structures in your home need modifying, a qualified carpenter will be able to help.
Carpenter services may include:
- Cutting and fitting floorboards
- Fitting door frames
- Fitting window frames
- Preparing doors
- Hanging Doors
- Fitting skirting boards
- Building and installing cabinets
- Constructing wooden structures to hold concrete while it dries
- Fitting Decking
- Installing staircases
Carpenters are an essential part of any building project, so when choosing one there are some key issues you need to think about. Here are our tips:
- Ask for References or read reviews - References are a great way to find out whether or not a carpenter is reliable. You can either ask for a list of find some online reviews; good carpenters should have lots of satisfied customers.
- Take a Look at Previous Work - Most of the work a carpenter does will be on display in your home. For this reason, it needs to be neat and finished to a very high standard. Good carpenters should have a portfolio where you can see the standard of their work and the scope of projects they have completed.
- Experience - An experienced carpenter will be able to provide a very good service. Try to find out how long they have been a carpenter and make sure they have completed proejcts similar to yours.
- Quoting - Carpenters should be willing to visit your home so they can see exactly what needs to be done. This will make the quote much more accurate. You can also use the opportunity to explain what you are looking for and what you expect. Don't choose a carpenter who won't visit and will only quote over the phone.
- Sketch - Carpenters should be able to provide a detailed sketch or drawing of the work undertaken. This is even more important if the woodwork is for structural purposes. A sketch will also allow you to look at the style of the finished work and make any requests or comments.
Helpful links and related articles:
- Carpentry Australia - A nationwide industry organisation dedicated to promoting, supporting and protecting carpenters and the carpentry trade.
- Service NSW - If you're using a tradesperson you can verify their licence number (for most industries) here.
- Victoria Building Authority (VBA) - The VBA regulates building & plumbing practitioners in Victoria. You can also verify licence numbers through this website.
- Tips for Choosing Tradesmen - Choosing tradesmen is not always easy. In this article we discuss several factors to help you choose the best tradie for your project.