Joinery & Cabinet Making
Looking for Joinery & Cabinet Making services? Find the region's best local businesses on Riverina Tradies. Servicing: Albury, Carrathool, Coolamon, Cootamundra, Culcairn, Deniliquin, Griffith, Gundagai, Hay, Holbrook, Howlong, Jerilderie, Jugiong, Junee, Leeton, Lockhart, Narrandera, Tarcutta, Temora, The Rock, Tumut, Wagga Wagga, West Wyalong and Wodonga.
If you require your woodwork to be strong and at the same time decorative, hiring professional joinery services is the right decision. Joiners play a very important role when it comes to woodworking - their work is important in making of furniture, cabinetry, installation of doors and windows, flooring, and so much more.
Joinery & Cabinet Making services may include:
- Customized furniture crafting - this includes bench tops, working surfaces, cupboards, shelves
- Kitchen joinery services - this includes the design and installation of kitchen fixtures, for example, cupboards, shelves and drawers
- Design and installation of cabinets
- Bathroom renovations
- Kitchen refitting
- Customized designing of doors and window frames
- Installation of window frames and doors
- Maintenance, repair and replacement of furniture
- Shop and office fitouts
Important tips when choosing a Joinery & Cabinet Making business:
- Ensure the joiner is licensed - All work should only be performed by a qualified contractor, who has been licensed by the local municipality. Before you hire a joiner, you should make sure they have the appropriate qualifications and licenses. In addition, the joiner should have a current and valid insurance cover. This will ensure you are covered in case of any damages to your property during the course of their work
- Ask for references - Before you hire professional joinery services, you should make sure the joiner is reliable and will deliver according to your expectations. References from past customers and/or online reviews is the best way of determining if a joiner is reliable. You can also ask the joiner to provide you with samples of previous projects they have completed
- Find out what areas the joiner specialises in - Some joiners work exclusively on furniture work, while others specialise more in the decorative work. Before you hire a joiner, you should find out the specific area they specialise in. This will make sure that the person hired has enough experience to complete your project
- Ask for a quote - A joiner should be able to provide you with a quote for your project. However, you should not dismiss a joiner just because you assume their price is high. Joinery services cost vary from one professional to another depending on their level of skill, the type of project involved, the time taken to complete the work and the materials used
- Ask for guarantees - Before you hire a joiner, you should ask them to provide you with some guarantees. This should include a warranty on the work done, as well as a reasonable time frame within which he/she expects to complete the work.
Helpful links and related articles:
- Furnishing Industry Association of Australia (FIAA) - FIAA is the first choice association for furnishing, cabinetmaking and joinery industries. Run by industry, for industry members including kitchen manufacturers, cabinetmakers, joiners and window furnishers, flooring specialists, lounge and bedding manufacturers, picture framers, suppliers, furniture polishers and upholsterers.
- Service NSW - If you're using a tradesperson you can verify their licence number (for most industries) here.
- Victoria Building Authority (VBA) - The VBA regulates building & plumbing practitioners in Victoria. You can also verify licence numbers through this website.
- Tips for Choosing Tradesmen - Choosing tradesmen is not always easy. In this article we discuss several factors to help you choose the best tradie for your project.