Looking for Mechanics? Find the region's best local businesses on Riverina Tradies. Servicing: Albury, Carrathool, Coolamon, Cootamundra, Culcairn, Deniliquin, Griffith, Gundagai, Hay, Holbrook, Howlong, Jerilderie, Jugiong, Junee, Leeton, Lockhart, Narrandera, Tarcutta, Temora, The Rock, Tumut, Wagga Wagga, West Wyalong and Wodonga.
A mechanic is a technician or tradesman specialised in repairing or building machinery. They can specialise in a particular field such as car, motorcycle, truck, diesel mechanics and more. Car mechanics have on their turn many trades within their specialty. Some may specialise in the pure mechanical aspects, while other may specialise in electrical aspects. Other areas of specialisation for car mechanics in particular include: engine repairs, standard or automatic transmission, brakes and steering, suspension, radiator and air conditioning and so on.
Mechanics services may include:
- All types of mechanical maintenance, upgrades, replacements and repairs
- Truck, motorcycle and car servicing
- LPG conversion and installation
- Car air conditioning service and repair
- Radiator repairs
- Log book servicing
- Safety checks
- Pink slip inspections
- Steering and suspension
- Exhaust and muffler repair
- Brake repair
- Gearbox servicing and repair
- Engine repair
It is important to find trustworthy Mechanics and here are some tips that can help you in the selection process:
- Certification – choose from local businesses that have a certification, meaning that they passed a competency test. They can obtain certifications in various specialty repairs, such as industrial maintenance, diesel engines or auto body repairs. If your need a specialty repair, select your mechanic who has appropriate certification.
- Reviews – Once you have narrowed down your list look for a business who has plenty of repeat customers and good reviews. It is important to deal with a reliable and trusted business for your vehicle.
- Price – You want to find a contractor with a reasonable rate. However, price alone should not be the main criteria for your choice and should not determine who you hire for the service. A business with an expensive rate doesn’t mean necessarily better service. However, in general a certified, properly trained and experienced mechanic will charge more than others.
- Reputation and experience – Finding a mechanic who has been in business for several years and has a good reputation in the area is ideal.
- Estimates – In case that you need some extensive repairs it is recommended to always ask for a written estimate. The quote or estimate allows you to compare it with other estimates in order to choose the best contractor for the job.
- Quality – Select a mechanic that uses high quality replacement parts and beware of those who install used parts without your consent.
- Warranty – A reputable business will offer a warranty on labor and the parts for the job done.
- Licence and insurance – Choose a business that is licensed and insured. Mechanics work with hazardous waste such as transmission fluid, gasoline, and oil, and they need liability insurance to cover the risks as well as a business license in order to operate legally.
Helpful links and related articles:
- Motor Traders Association of New South Wales (MTA NSW) - An employers Association dedicated to representing owners and business principals in the NSW automotive industry.
- The Victorian Automobile Chamber of Commerce (VACC) - An automotive industry employer association that protects and promotes the interests of its members through advocacy initiatives and the provision of automotive industry products and services.
- Tips for Choosing Tradesmen - Choosing tradesmen is not always easy. In this article we discuss several factors to help you choose the best tradie for your project.