Painters & Decorators
Looking for Painters & Decorators? Find the region's best local businesses on Riverina Tradies. Servicing: Albury, Carrathool, Coolamon, Cootamundra, Culcairn, Deniliquin, Griffith, Gundagai, Hay, Holbrook, Howlong, Jerilderie, Jugiong, Junee, Leeton, Lockhart, Narrandera, Tarcutta, Temora, The Rock, Tumut, Wagga Wagga, West Wyalong and Wodonga.
Painters & Decorators are professional tradesmen that can help in keeping a residential or commercial property looking its best. They offer skilled staff with the training and experience to expertly carry out interior and exterior painting work. This is available for new homes or businesses being decorated for the first time and existing properties where renovation work is required. Riverina Tradies can provide you with all the details you need to find the regions best Painters & Decorators.
A painter will typically offer a variety of services to help in improving the look of a property. Some of the most common of these include:
- Preparation Work - Many buildings will require some form of preparation work to get them ready for painting. This can include the removal of existing paint, sanding down surfaces to a smooth finish, and applying an undercoat. Professional house painters will work to get surfaces prepared correctly to ensure a high quality end result.
- Design Advice - Assistance can be provided in terms of choosing the best color scheme for a property to ensure an attractive and coordinated appearance is achieved. This is typically available for interior design work, as well as the exterior areas of a home or business.
- Interior Painting - This includes all types of painting, from straightforward wall and ceiling coverage to more detailed work such as feature walls, decorative finishes, and borders.
- Exterior Painting - This includes work on the outside walls of a property, as well as painting of other outdoor structures such as porches, patios, fences, and sheds. Sanding and staining of outdoor wooden surfaces is also a service that is sometimes provided.
- Damage Repair - Where paintwork has been damaged, an experienced decorator can offer color consulting and color matching services to ensure that any repair work matches perfectly with the existing shade of paint.
- Wallpaper Installation - For feature walls, murals, bulkhead wallpaper hanging and so on.
There are a few things to consider when choosing Painters & Decorators to carry out work. Here are our tips:
- Experience - The experience they have is important and it is sensible to ask for details of previous work they have carried out. This can be in terms of a portfolio of pictures although if they have worked on a nearby property, it can be worth a visit to see the quality of the work.
- Reviews - Reading testimonials and online reviews is also a smart move and it can allow you to get the opinion of previous customers. Asking around family and friends to see if they know of anyone that has used a painter you are considering can provide another opportunity to talk to someone that knows their work.
- Quotes - A common sense tip for when hiring Painters & Decorators is to get quotes from two or three businesses as a way of comparing costs. Cheapest may not always be best though and taking the time to meet with each business should give you a better idea of who to choose. It also provides the opportunity to show them the job so they can estimate the cost of carrying out work accurately.
Helpful links and related articles:
- Service NSW - If you're using a tradesperson you can verify their licence number (for most industries) here.
- Victoria Building Authority (VBA) - The VBA regulates building & plumbing practitioners in Victoria. You can also verify licence numbers through this website.
- Master Painters Association Victoria and Tasmania - An Australian wide Industry and the peak industry body for the painting and decorating seeking to support, advance and encourage commercial, residential and professional painting businesses and individuals.
- Master Painters Australia NSW Association - A not for profit industry association representing painting and decorating contractors and employers in NSW.
- Tips for Choosing Tradesmen - Choosing tradesmen is not always easy. In this article we discuss several factors to help you choose the best tradie for your project.