Looking for Tilers and Tiling services? Find the region's best local businesses on Riverina Tradies. Servicing: Albury, Carrathool, Coolamon, Cootamundra, Culcairn, Deniliquin, Griffith, Gundagai, Hay, Holbrook, Howlong, Jerilderie, Jugiong, Junee, Leeton, Lockhart, Narrandera, Tarcutta, Temora, The Rock, Tumut, Wagga Wagga, West Wyalong and Wodonga.
Having the right tiles in your home or business can make a huge difference its overall appearance. When you decide to lay tiles, it is important to use a professional and experienced tiler as they will be in a position to advise you on the best tiles to use for your home or office. When your tiles are done by an expert, they will not only look good but will serve you for a long time.
Tilers and Tiling services may include:
- Tiling for new homes and renovations
- Kitchen tiling
- Floor tiling
- Wall tiling
- Outdoor paving and swimming pool paving
- Bathroom tiling and bathroom renovations
- Prepare surfaces for tiling. This involves removing any old tiles, cement or adhesive already on the surface
- Look at your plans and understand what is required
- Measure and mark the surfaces that require tiling
- Understand the patterns required and making sure they match as intended by the designer
- Use their skills to level the surface
- Carry out exact measurements so that the tiles fit perfectly
- Identify areas and surfaces that require waterproofing before tiling
- Have the ability to work on different types of surfaces
- Be able to lay a terrazzo or cement floor
- Work with a variety of materials such as marble, granite, limestone, sandstone, shellstone, ceramics and porcelain
There are a few factors you may want to look at before you settle on choosing Tilers:
- One of the first things you should inquire is whether the contractor you intend to use is licensed. If a contractor has all the relevant licenses and certification, it is an indicator that they are likely to do a good job and according to both council and industry standards.
- An expert tiler should always be ready to provide a list of previous jobs done for referral purposes. If their last job is within your area, you may want to visit the construction site to verify the expertise of the contractor. They may also be able to provide photos and testimonials from past clients jobs. Finally you can always read through online reviews.
- The cost of tiling jobs varies widely. With this in mind its always a good idea to get at least a couple of quotes and ensure that they are sent in written form to avoid confusion in the future.
Helpful links and related articles:
- Service NSW - If you're using a tradesperson you can verify their licence number (for most industries) here.
- Victoria Building Authority (VBA) - The VBA regulates building & plumbing practitioners in Victoria. You can also verify licence numbers through this website.
- Australian Tile Council (ATC) - exists to protect, educate and enhance the tile industry for the benefit of its members.
- Tips for Choosing Tradesmen - Choosing tradesmen is not always easy. In this article we discuss several factors to help you choose the best tradie for your project.